Report a discord server easily but before that, let me discuss that what is Discord if some of you don’t know that what actually it is. Discord is a platform where people around the world get in touch with each other. It is an app that does not cost anything and provides free voice notes, text chat, and video services to the people who are using Discord. However, Discord is mainly recommended for an individual who is above 13. It is used by millions of people on daily basis to discuss something. Discord provides a platform to discuss anything ranging from daily friendly conversations to art and seeking mental support from somewhere across the world.
The discord was basically founded in May 2015 in order to facilitate the gamers so that they can easily text or send voice notes while playing a game. Furthermore, Jason Citron came up with the concept to create a digital distribution, messaging, and VoIP platform. As per a survey done in 2021, there are approximately 350 million users who are registered along with more than 150 million active users per month. Anyway, here we’re going to discuss how to report a discord server.
What Is Discord Server
As Discord is a group chatting platform which was basically originated for the sake of players to easily communicate while playing a certain game and since its emergence, the discord is being used for multiple communication purposes by millions of people. Moreover, the Discord id is categorized into different servers where each server comes with its own set of rules, members, topics to be discussed, and specific channels as it is not only limited to the gaming platform anymore; rather it has taken hold of K-Pop artists and writers as well.
The servers are for different purposes so that the members could easily use the discord server, they need the most. A server offers many channels where a member can use one channel to text another member about a game, another channel would be used for the audio notes and videos while some channels can be used for the picture application.
Steps Report a Discord Server
Like every other app, Discord might offer a little bug sometimes due to which the member or active user may confront a certain problem while using this platform. Therefore they would need to report the problem to the Discord Server so that they may start to use the App just as before. In addition, these servers are called Guilds in the developer’s community so do not get confused when they ask you to report a guild.
The Discord platform offers its own set of guidelines which are followed by everyone either the members or the people who are just visiting. Therefore if someone violates these guidelines and does not follow along with the set of parameters: discord will have to report the bugs or violation. The discord server can only report a violation when it is against their set of rules which are given below:
- Spam messages
- Violating IP rights
- Sharing child pornography
- Glorifying or promoting suicide or self-harm
- Distributing viruses
- Threatening another user
- Sharing images of gore or animal cruelty
So if anyone reports anything besides these terms their reporting might not be considered and if you happen to misinterpret a situation and report a problem to the administration then rather than removing the reported user: you might find yourself in trouble therefore it is advised to do run over before reporting discord server. As a server has so many members at a time and a user wants to report some of them not all then it is preferred to reach out to the administration beforehand and discuss it with them. If the administration is good with it then the user can process the reporting and if not then the user can simply block or mute the member who would want to report and they would not cause him any trouble anymore.
How To Report A Discord Server?
Reporting a discord server is a bit more complicated than reporting an individual user therefore you may need to find some thoroughly explained steps which can lead you along the way. However, you need to actually have solid evidence of the violation as the false accusation happens every time. There is a list of things you need to do before you report a discord server which is given below.
- Finding unique server ID
- The Links for messages
- The user ID
- And an explanation
Enabling the developer mode on the iOS
The members using the iOS for discord just have to hold a message they want to report for a while and then press the red button icon when it appears. Go ahead with the selection of your reason to report and then click on the REPORT button given at the bottom of the page.
Enabling the developer mode on PC
1. When you turn your pc on kindly open the Discord app.
2. Look for the gear icon on the bottom left of your screen and click on it.
3. A menu will appear then click on the USER SETTING.
4. Scroll down to the App Settings which is a subsection.
5. Look for the APPEARANCE option and click on it.
6. Another window will slide off for you to scroll down to the Developer Mode in the ADVANCED section and if found click on it to enable the mode.
How to get a User ID on a PC?
1. When the PC is turned on, kindly open the Discord app.
2. Once opened then please locate a message that is offending.
3. Right click on the username which will lead to the person who sent it.
4. A dropdown list would be displayed for you: where you need to select the copy user ID.
5. Then paste the ID in a document with the server name.
Message Links on Discord
- When you open the discord app then kindly open the offending message.
- Hover your mouse over the message which will lead to the appearance of three dots.
- Kindly click on those three dots.
- A drop-down menu will appear, kindly select the Copy Message Link.
- You can then paste the link to the document with the server name and save it.
The Final Step
When you are done with all the above steps kindly follow the mentioned link. https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000029731
And fill in all the information that is required.
1. In the first row select the option with you need help.
2. Then mention your own email address.
3. Select the option through which you want help.
4. Enter the subject of your report.
5. In DESCRIPTION kindly explain why you want to report and what made you report.
6. When done come to the ATTACHED FILE where you need to attach the document in which you have pasted the message link and discord user ID. However, this step is a completely option.
7. Once you are done with all the processes click on the submit button to the right on your screen and your report will be submitted.
Solve Your Issues With These Guides
How To Lower GPU Temperatures
How To Safely Underclock A GPU
How To Turn Off Discord Overlay
How To Change Twitch Name
How To Squad Stream On Twitch
How To Donate On Twitch
How To Stop Steam From Opening On Startup
How To Download Twitch Clips
How To Block Ads On Twitch